Thursday, November 5, 2009

OH BLOG. You have been neglected. I'm sorry!
Let me make it up to you by telling you some things about my life.



SEPTA is on strike, which means they're "getting there" even less than usual. This is kind of a pain in the badonkadonk as I take the subway to Temple five days a week. Temple has been running a shuttle every half an hour or so but it fills up really quickly so taking it generally means a lot of waiting. I've been waking up really early to get on the shuttle, spending the day on campus, and walking home. It has been working OK but it means that Max and I have fallen into the most absurd schedule.

It's hard for me to get up early if I don't go to sleep at a reasonable hour but he works from four until midnight and I don't get home until around four so if I am asleep by the time he gets home, we never see each other awake. We've worked out that the best way for us to spend time with each other and get enough sleep is as follows: I sleep from about eight or nine (pm) until midnight, at which point I wake up and hang out and watch TV with him for a few hours. Then we sleep until about six, eat breakfast and hang out for a little bit and then Max goes back to sleep for awhile and I go to school. I know, I know. Whatever.



This news is considerably more exciting, which is that I am a homeowner now! Or, I will be soon. Kind of. My parents bought a house in South Philly and Max and I will be paying them... well... rent, I guess, but it feels bigger. My name is on the papers at least! Closing isn't until November 30th and then we move in December 29th/30th (I will be juggling moving and the MLA conference!) We are a little nervous about moving to South Philly but I think it will be worth it. Goodbye, two room & bathroom apartment! Hello, three bedrooms, one and a half bath, kitchen, living room, garden & finished basement!

I just read back over this and realized how many exclamation points there are. OH WELL! I am having a pretty awesome day.

Oh, also, I like that people still look at puppy to puppy even though I haven't updated it in forevah.

No comments:

Post a Comment