Thursday, September 17, 2009

I got a phone call from the DA's office today, "regarding the robbery that occurred August 20th on Spruce Street." This came as a bit of a shock to me for two reasons. Reason number one: I was being driven through the Rocky Mountains on August 20th. Reason number two: I have no recollection of being involved in any type of robbery in August, except if you count how Krysta's boyfriend stole her from me and took her to Minnesota (you probably don't).

At this point I need to back up a little bit, because I was robbed in August... in August 2006. That's three years ago, for the mathematically uninclined (that's not a word) of you. It wasn't on Spruce Street but it was on 43rd near Spruce. But it was three years ago! so the event didn't exactly pop into my head.

When the confusion was settled the woman from the DA's office informed me that the case is going to trial on Monday and she'd like me to testify. I have class on Monday so I don't think that I can make it (which she said is fine) but I think Montana, who was with me, is going to go.

The weird thing is that the police told Montana and me that the man was in custody (we ID'd him)... and that was the week it happened, August of 2006. Why they waited three years to take the case to trial, I have no idea.

GO PHILADELPHIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment