Tuesday, May 19, 2009

ceci n'est pas une pipe

Our kitchen sink has leaked since we moved in but yesterday while I was washing the dishes the water started all but pouring out into the pots and pans below. When I knelt down to investigate the situation I found that our pipe was leaking because there was no pipe in one spot, just a roll of electrical tape. This added to our existing frustration with our landlord- for months they have ignored the fact that we don't have anything but (scalding) hot water in our shower. A few weeks ago they broke the silence, sending us a letter notifying us that our hot water cost has gone up and that we are responsible for the difference. 

As I applied another roll of tape to the underbellies of our sink, Max sat quietly at his computer, typing. After a few minutes he read me the scathing email he had written. He pressed send. We returned to the dishes, victoriously.

Like most victories, it was brief.

Yahool.

Speaking of Victory Briefs, Max knows the brother and sister who won this season of The Amazing Race! I've never seen it before so we're watching episode 1 right now.

I've been trying to embed Modest Mouse's Greedy Cocker Spaniels here but I can't figure it out. :[ Haaalp?

No comments:

Post a Comment